Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Loving Support

A while ago, a friend of mine used a gorgeous sentiment on a sympathy card, and I needed - NEEDED - to own the set. Sympathy cards are difficult to make, and having a good selection of sentiments helps.

When I saw the recently expired Case Study challenge:


I got an idea, and this is what came out:


I put a piece of masking tape across the card front, then stamped the Hero Arts Circle Lace stamp in Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I stamped the sentiment in Hero Arts Charcoal ink.

I only added the pearls because there was an unexplained and non-removable spot below the lace and I needed to cover it up. So: pearls. There are no mistakes in stamping - only opportunities for embellishment. I love this hobby.

Thanks for stopping by!




11 comments:

  1. lovely - perfect stamps for this technique!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too seem to get those "unexplained" spots on my cards and have to add a little something/something to cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree ~ it's a must have set. I like the card you made. I like the way you masked part of the image and inserted the sentiment in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha...way to take the opportunity to add pearls! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not think I would like the Circle Lace stamp, but it really looks great on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you split the doily image to put a sentiment inside! Great sympathy card, and it would be easy to mass produce too! The pearls belong there, with or without a smudge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a nice sentiment. Sympathy cards are hard. I usually make a few at a time, so I have one when I need it.

    Leslie, thanks for your kind comment on my card for S)S CHallenge 144, oldest tree stamp. I need to embrace your "opportunity for embellishment: mindset -- I get really upset when I smudge a card -- but it happens a lot. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great set of sympathy sentiment stamps. Great card too. I like the addition of the pearls it gives it a little something extra.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, oh wow, OH WOW!!!!!!!! new all-time favorite card!!!!!!! YOWZA!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)