Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Photos Are Your Friends

I only have a few rules about the cards I make, and one of them is all parts have to be mine. What that means is I will only use a photo if I took the photo myself. People have given me permission to use their photos, but as generaous as that may be, I always turn them down. I want everything on that card to be by me!

I have mentioned previously that I have a 3.2 megapixel camera, which means my photos are even worse than most point-and-shoot cameras you can get today. Even worse than a current pocket camera - the kind as big as a credit card. Yep, worse than that. Add in the fact that I am not the greatest photographer, and I have almost no knowledge about my camera settings except the little knob that tells me I am in Portrait mode versus View mode, and I cannot even make them look better with Photoshop since I do not have Photoshop, I am considerably constrained. But once in a while, it works.

Last weekend was HH&H (Hazy, Hot & Humid), but the sky was a gorgeous blue. And we've had so much rain this season, all the greens are really green! When I looked up at the sky over the neighboring townhomes, this picture was just screaming to be taken, so I obliged:

Now I'm not saying this is a great photograph, but it works for me, so it is good enough. And *I* took it, so that's all I really care about.

Now all I needed was to print it off and figure out what to do with it.

(Isn't it pretty? I mean the colors, of course! This is a straight-out-of-the-camera, unretouched, unmodified photograph. Really!)

I thought and I thought, then I rummaged through my bags of bought-but-not-yet-used stamps, and I pulled out the A Muse Nature Set. This is what I ended up with:


I decided to stamp the owls on a separate piece of card stock instead of directly onto the photo, then I cut them out, colored them and stuck them onto the photo with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment right onto the photo, though.

I think it's kinda cute!

That's all for this evening. I have to go get some shut-eye so I can go back to the Day Job in the morning. I have a massaaaaaage scheduled for tomorrow evening, so I should be all relaxed and happy when I get home. And I'll smell good, too! :-)

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! It is a great photo and I know what you mean, sometimes you can't believe how beautiful nature can be. Love the card. I have got to find an owl stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)