Monday, December 7, 2009

Wanna See Some New Schtuff?



I am probably the last SU Demo to this party, but I wanted to show you some of the new goodies that will be in the upcoming Occasions Mini catalog. I am sooo excited. Ya know how some people like wood-mounted stamps and some people like unmounted, and some people like the clear stuff, and some people unmount their SU stamps? Well guess what! Starting with the Occasions catalog, all new SU stamps will be offered in wood-mounted or clear-mounted. That's right! You can get 'em with or without the wood blocks!

THAT means, the same awesome, high-quality red rubber stamp images can be purchased ready-to-use on acrylic blocks! Yes! They come with stickers and cool DVD-style storage cases. Let me show you how they work.

We start with the die-cut rubber:

So far, nothing new, right? But wait! Now the sticker sheet is also die-cut:

See those lines around and through the images? The line around the image perfectly matches the die-cut of the rubber. You peel the backing of the sticker off (start at the cut line through the backing), but leave the sticker attached...like this:

See? I just took off the backing, and the sticky side is facing up. Now (and this is important) take off the backing from the rubber piece. I forgot about 7 times tonight. THEN, you carefully line up the die-cut rubber with the die-cut sticker opening, like this:

Just stick it down good. That's right. Then you get this:

The sticker attaches to the back of the stamp so you can see exactly what you are doing! SWEET! So when you put it on an acrylic block, it looks like this:

How smart is that?!?!?! I used two of the new sets tonight to make this quick card:

Okay, that was a lie. It took me forEVER to make this card, because I had not a clue, but I got there eventually. Oh, do you see that cute scallop on the left edge of the DSP ? Yep - new punch!

If you look closely at the floofy sentiment, you can see I traced over the words. I originally stamped them in the Melon Mambo to match the paper, but the image disappeared, so I went over it with my Soft Suede marker. Hey, it's a mock-up!

I am loving this new stuff. You all should know by now how space-challenged I am, so smaller cases and no wood blocks if I don't feel like it are perfect for me.

Speaking of space, today I bought a Library Card Catalog File. You know, those old wooden card catalog drawers that used to hold 3x5 cards, and you had to rifle through them to find the books you needed? I think I'll need to sell some furniture to have room for it when it arrives. Yikes! But I cannot wait for it to get here! I'll take pics, fer sure!

That's all I have for this evening! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. that's pretty cool...and isn't it about time?!

    hero arts' new clings have a label and i feel like they don't cling as well as the plain cling foam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will you use the card catalog for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I am excited for unmounted stamps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am so JEALOUS of your card catalog! And, I probably don't tell you often enough (OK, if ever) how much I enjoy your blog - lots of pics, lots of comment and explanation, lots of humor. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!!! How cool is that? I did not know this is going to be an option.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)