When my Google Reader goes over 1000, which it does most weeks, it means I am seriously behind in my blog reading. "1000" you say? Not 1000 blogs, oh nononono, that's 1000+ un-read blog posts on the less than 200 blogs to which I subscribe. What part of "behind" was not clear?
The first thing I usually do to make a dent in the numbers is to mark all the challenge blog posts as "read". C'mon, these days it's all I can do to get dressed in the morning; doing card challenges is not high on my list.
But when I saw the latest Card Patterns Sketch, I knew it had to be done. Lookie what I made:
based on this sketch:
See what I mean? Is this not a classic Crooked Stamper go-to layout?!?!? YES, it IS!
Let's talk about the parts-is parts, shall we? Here's that card again:
Except for the card base, almost ALL of these parts came from my UFO pile. And yes, I am very proud. The blue layer I ran through the Big Shot with an SU texture pad; the striped die-cut piece was already that way in the UFO pile; the strip of DSP was cut from a larger piece in the UFO pile; the ribbon was cut fresh from my hoarded In Color ribbons from that year; the sentiment from PTI was stamped in Blue Bayou ink on a piece of Vanilla card stock from the UFO pile that had been stamped with a Hero Arts background stamp; and the bling under the ribbon is from a container I found languishing on the Captain's Table.
This took me about 7 minutes to make, given all the parts were largely already done and just needed some direction for assembly. I love it when things come together like this!
Let's hope I have more success in the UFO department this week. I am terribly behind in getting ready for my summer markets.
Thanks for stopping by!