Monday, November 29, 2010

Back To Our Regular Programming

So I had this idea ... actually, I have a lot of ideas, and most of them turn out badly. For example, what I am about to show you was my 3rd attempt at something this evening. As percentages go, that's actually pretty good, but my first two ideas bit the dust, and I was sad.

This is not exactly what I'd started out to do, but I kinda like it, if only as a starting point:

On both of my last two trips to my LSS, I picked up what amounts to 4 or 10 pieces of this paper:

You see, one of my market customers suggested I offer my City Cards with snow on the roofs for the holidays. It was a lovely idea, really. But the thought of adding wreaths and snow to dozens of City Cards, thus marking them as "seasonal", was not high on my list of things to do. I needed an alternative, and I needed one soon.

I have in my possession a Pearl Pen in color Icy White, and I'd hoped to use it to add snow to the roofs of houses. I tried it on some of the SU papers from the last SAB, but it didn't dry white on non-white paper. I'd failed. Or I need a LOT more practice. I tried again with my Souffle pen. Failed. So I pulled out one of these sheets of paper with houses with glitter snow already on the roofs and started thinking. To make a long story shorter, I cut out the houses and trees and ditched the cars, and then I stared at them for a while. I was just like Winnie the Pooh and his "think think think".

Let's look again since I've added to much blah blah blah here:

The background is a HA stamp; the sentiment is A Muse. I tore a piece of white to put behind the houses to look like snow and block part of the sky. The ribbon is ... well, not really ribbon at all. I think it's fancy paper. I got it at the ribbon outlet a few years ago, and failing to find any other white ribbon this evening, I gave it a shot. You can see where I folded the ends to trim them. Yeah, like paper.

I might make a few more of these, if only to use up one of those 10 or so pieces of the paper I have in my stash. Next time I grab more than one of anything at the LSS, someone please stop me.

Oh, have I told you about all the HA card stock and folded cards I also bought more than one of? No. Well never mind then.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute card. Seems like a ton of work to cut out the houses!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)