Here we are already with Week 2 of the Jingle Belles Rock challenge to make a Christmas card per week. Now, if you would be so kind as to drop what you're doing and go pick Lauren up off the floor, I'd appreciate it. I'll wait ... ... ... ...
Okay, this week we were supposed to use Inchies on our card. Inchies-schminchies. I don't have no stinkin' Inchies. But wait ... as the wheels turned .. an Inchie is nothing more than a fancy name for a 1" square piece of something, right? Well guess what *I* have! You've got it: a 1" square punch! I was home freeeeee! With that baby I can make ANYTHING into an "inchie", so I did. Lookie:
Now I have to tell you, I am SO very proud of this card, and for many reasons I am about to list for you:
1. The blue paper is from the floor at my feet at The Captain's Table. It used to stand up next to the table, but it fell over. I used part of it.
2. All the Garden Green pieces are from the remnant box.
3. I used the Glad Tidings set which I think I used once the year I got it and never again, until now.
4. I found my Garden Green reinker and I am wearing some of it.
5. The poinsettia is from a package of HA Poinsettia parts I got in November that I never used, until now.
6. The handsome teeny tiny bow was made from a scrap of ribbon on my table.
7. FYI: When you adhere the green to the white card base crooked(ly), then unceremoniously rip it off and try it again on a new base, the ATG doesn't stick so well to the torn backing.
Because I cut two pieces of the DSP from the partial piece I had, I also made this one:
It's the same except the flower is from a pack I opened but didn't finish last month. It's still not all gone, but it is one less to put away.
Please pay special attention to the red circle under that blingy flower. It is a ... 1" circle! Are Inchies only square? Do I get extra credit for combining 1" squares with a 1" circle? Well, DO I?!?!?!
Okay. That's all I have.Wha? Punchy? You think I'm punchy? Well, let's see... I woke up at 4 am and by 5 am, when I was still not back to sleep, I got up and chatted with my Tweeps, and drank a mug of coffee. Then I was running late for work, drank mug #2 on the way in, then I got another mug when I got there. And I'm on a masso anti-inflammatory medication that may or may not be speed. Not sure. Yes, I think it may be speed. Did I tell you I typed this whole thing WITHOUT A MISTAKE in 12.3 seconds. Mmm-hmmm. I rest my case.
Thanks for stopping by!