Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Made Another Box

It's been a slow, slow, non-productive week here in the Crooked household. I've started a bazillion projects for this weekend's Stamp Camps and made nothing but a mess. In desperation, I thought I could distract The Ladies with chocolate - hey, it's worked before! :) In my world, chocolate needs a reason for being out on the tables ... it needs to be disguised as part of a project so it's not so obviously a distraction ... it needs a box project.

Last month I made this box out of some new Christmas papers, but since it's too early for Christmas projects in September, I decided we'll make one with Halloween papers instead. I just made this:

It's a 2-5-7-10 box, and I used the new Simply Scored tool which makes it easy-peasy! No measuring - there are tabs on the Simply Scored to mark where you need to ... score. Here's what makes it so easy:

(Sorry for the really, really awful photo, but it's NIGHT here, and it's DARK.) You put the tabs at the 2, 5, 7 and 10 marks, put your paper in, and just score at each marker. For my Stamp Camps, measuring and scoring projects can be fraught with "oops" and "oh, no" to where I just want to make things easier. This could do it! :)

The DSP is from the Frightful Sight pack. The ribbon is Delphinium (retired) so I'll probably switch it out with Concord Crush. Wouldn't these make great co-worker treat bags? *I* think so.

Okay, that's 1 1/2 projects down, 2 1/2 to go. It's gonna be a long week, people.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)