Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mojo Monday - Take a Pill

I went looking for the current (not 2 weeks old - CURRENT) MFT sketch, but I got distracted by this week's Mojo Monday sketch:

and I made this:


It all started with my MS Punch Around The Page punches. My pal, Natalie, is the master of the Punch Around The Page punches (check out her SCS gallery - gorgeous stuff!), and since this is the only set I have, well ... that's what I used!

I chose a really, really busy piece of DSP from my still-out pack of SAB Everyday Enchantment papers (you want these - you really do) and punched around a 5" square. The insert in the package tells you what size papers will work to get the perfect meet-up in the corners, which is always my personal challenge.

So I had that red piece of DSP and the Vanilla textured card stock base. I stared at it a bit, and that's when I went in search of a sketch that would jump-start my mojo, and the Mojo sketch was it. How convenient!

The other pieces of DSP are from more of the same DSP pack - all small remnants that now live on a card. :) I always store the remnants of my SU DSP in the original package so I can remember what else they go with. These do NOT land in the Heaplet.

Here's some detail:

Flower and leaves were cut with dies from the MFT Prima Donna Petals set.  Sentiment is from the MFT Twisted Foursome set. Pearl is SU.

Okay, NOW I'm going to look for the MFT sketch. :) Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Love your Punch Around The Page and that saying is priceless! Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty color combo and that stamp is awesome (and pretty much my life in a nutshell!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looovvveee that sentiment...so up my alley...might have to search out that set and get it...the more sass the better in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome sentiment - love the twisted stamps :)

    i'm still on the fence about the SAB papers. i quite like them, but have none of the newer in colors. i would have to buy CS/markers to go with. gah. 4 more weeks to decide...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)