Sunday, November 10, 2013

Baby Steps, Part 2

I'm still working to get unpacked and organized, and I hit a wall, as I needed to install/hang cabinets and the top rails for my Elfa in the closets. I finally had that done last week, so I thought I'd give you a quick update on the progress.

First, here's where I am with the boxes:


Yeah, pretty ugly. I don't even want to talk about the similar pile in the other bedroom, which I lovingly call "overflow".

Here is the in-progress shelf (can a shelf be "in progress"?):


I'm pretty sure this stuff is not in its permanent home, but it's unpacked. The empty space is for my Distress inks, once I find them. Oh, and I found my button collection. :)

Here is a shot of the Elfa'd closet:


The nice thing about Elfa is you can take it with you and just reconfigure it to your new space. I'm stuck for now until I find the other box of brackets so I can hang more shelves.

The clear boxes on the top shelf will hold my 6x6 paper pads.

Let's see, what else.  Oh, I had my new blinds installed on Friday. Lookie:


The valence looks like chair moulding, and I love it! The place is starting to come together. :)

One last shot to show you one bonus in my new world:


Fuzzy slippers and the morning paper. It doesn't get much better that that!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks wonderful so far. I love the lamp on the room with the new blinds and it looks like you have a lovely back yard, too. Bobra looks quite content peeping out of his new window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous arrangement going on there...I feel your pain with the boxes and the over flow etc...been there, done that, never want to do it again...but once it is organized again it feels fabulous! We have the same valances on our blinds in dark brown...they just look so nice and clean...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY for fuzzy slippers and late mornings!!! also for blinds and awesome closet systems and what looks like it will be the MOST AWESOME craft room EVAH! & yeah, a shelf can totally be "in progress". a whole house can, actually. ask me how i know... :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)