Friday, July 3, 2009

C'Bug Challenge #38 (but not quite)

I was inspired (! finally !) by the Cuttlebug Challenge blog's Be Inspired #38. The challenge is to use (I read it more closely after I was done ...) Red, White & Blue; button(s); and the Swiss Dots folder as a bonus. I failed on two points, so I am not going to enter, but heck, I got a card out of it, and I have jump-started my mojo, so who cares?!?!?! It's not like I'd want to actually risk winning or anything (I DO NOT NEED MORE STUFF), so I just use these things to get the creative juices flowing again. Plus, by not entering contests or challenges, it takes off all that pressure to meet a deadline, and have all sorts of people looking at your stuff and critiquing it and ... and ... I could not handle all the pressure. If it's not fun, I'm not gonna do it! :P

This card is a 100% stash and scrap, and yes, I am very proud. We have: A Muse striped cards, A Muse Polka Dotted strip, stash ribbon, A Muse Polka Dotted letters, and a scrap of PTI Shimmer dark blue card stock. Not bad, huh? I used SU's small star punch to punch the stars (!) and SU's Night of Navy ink on the letters. Oh, I used the C'bug Swirls folder, cuz I did not want to add dots to the dots - gotta think about all those people reading who might get vertigo by looking at dot-embossed dots ...

I made a few of these for tomorrow's market, bagged and tagged 'em, and now I'm off to try something else. I realized I am in my usual "OMG I have one week before my Stamp Camps and I have no projects made" mode, so hopefully it will come to me this weekend.

If I manage to create anything else this lovely Friday, I'll be back!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for inspiration! I love your A Muse papers (you know I love polka dots) and how cool is that...making a few of these from stash and scrap and ready to sell tomorrow :) I love the D'Vine swirls e.f., and I especially like it with your dotty dp. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this is a fantastic card and you are sure to sell them all this weekend (Happy 4th). I am sooooooo tempted to get a Big Shot or even a Cuttlebug. I have so far managed to resist this urge...but if you use that swirly vine folder again I just might cave and do it!!!!
    Hope you have a great holiday weekend ♥
    WV: flogith....I will flogith thee if thou doest not stop tempting me to buy things I don't need....LMBO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)