Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Inspiration: It's Everywhere

I am surrounded by inspiration! I have yet to act on much of it, but still ... I took a pic of a sticker on a car this morning, and I even have the whole card based on it planned out in my brain, but did it make it to paper? Nooooooo. Instead of making that card, I made this one:

This was inspired by something someone said, and she gave me permission to use it on cards. Her actual statement was, "My husband can't cook, but he still melts my Velveeta." I changed it up a bit so it could be bought/given by a male or a female. AND, I used the A Muse stamp that I bought for some Engagement cards and thought I'd never use again (how wasteful, I know, but I do own it, and that's the whole point, right?), but this image and sentiment would totally work for an Anniversary or for a Just Because card, too. (There! I've justified that purchase again. Sweet!)

I broke out my SU Dusty Durango patterned paper pack for the layers, and I also used some to paper-piece her dress (way easier than coloring it!) I used my Threading Water punch on the white layer, originally because I thought it would mimic something melting...you know, drippy, gooey, melty ... or not. I salvaged it by putting some bling in each of the holes to dress it up a bit.

It's my first pass, but it has promise. It may even find its way into my box o'cards for this weekend's market.

So yeah, my brain overfloweth with ideas, and I am only restrained by that pesky Day Job, or I'd crank out even more of this stuff. Ah, well, it does pay the bills, and support my habit, so I guess I'll keep going back. Until they tell me to stop, that is. :-)

BTW, I have serious issues with Blogger's spellchecker. You can spell 'but' as 'bust' (which I did), and it thinks it is okay. And why does it not undersand 'SU' or 'bling' or 'overfloweth'? What's up with that?!?!?! I may investigate Livewire or some other software options so I can compose offline and just post when I am ready. Oh, that's funny. Like I'd write anything in advance. HA! Not.

Time to hit the hay and rest up for another day at the salt mines. Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the card! So when is it gonna hit your Esty store so I can buy one! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! One of your best. Very insightful to have connected what that person said to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. LOVE your blog title - first time I visited today, but I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabbie card...you crack me up...I have one of those pesky day jobs too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny Leslie. Love your card. What is Velveeta? I am from Australia so we don't get that over here or I have not heard of it lol.
    Regards
    Michelle M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Great card! It looks fab, and the quote is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hysterical blog I love it, I'm going to be poppin' on here alot to cheer me up. Your card is great by the way, and why don't you live in the UK so I can buy your stash.
    Michelle...I think Velveeta could be a cheese spread like Laughing Cow or Dairylea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leslie, as promised, I came by and found out that you are a card maker, so I looked around for a while at your cards and read some posts.

    Wow, you make cards an write about it entertainingly. Now you have me wondering if I could make cards and I think I've caught a bug. You see, I'm an artist, so anything artistic is appealing to me. I now have some ideas for postcards.

    I'll just say, "Leslie made me do it!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too funny and your card is marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job - your cards mely my velveeta too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the papers you have used and that quote is too funny. Great friend for letting you use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! i love your card!! what great papers and such a cute image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever aren't you? A cute sentiment on a gorgeous card & justifying the stamp purchase...how could you ask for more than that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't you Miss Popularity (loads of comments)! Your quote is hysterical...one of my fave Leslie sentiments to date :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)