I AM NOT DEAD! Nope, just totally lacking in any mojo whatsoever. None. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Goose eggs. Nuthin. HOWEVER, I have taken a few pics this week, so I thought I'd share them with you, if only to get you ready for tomorrow's market pics. :)
1. I got some happy mail! Now I must remind you of my lack of photographic skillz, so you just KNOW all this stuff looks WAY better in real life than I can capture here.
My happy mail was from Stefani of Pine Tree Designs. Make sure to check out her blog for her new in-the-works stuff, too. She was going to send me a name tag I could stitch and wear for my holiday shows, but she included a BUNCH more stuff in the box. She is a sweetie. Here's a few of the items:
A post-it note holder:
Look at that detail! Whoooeee! (Please ignore the bent corners that I just pointed out to you. Shipping is hard, people.)
And these three items:
Here's an up-close of the ornament:
My head is swimming over THIS detail! AND, it's stitched on BOTH SIDES!
This is one of the pins:
... and another pin:
I'll take a few name tags to the market tomorrow and see if I can stitch them even HALF as nice as her sample. I'll show you when I finish one.
THANK YOU, Stefani! I may not be able to wait until next September to come up to Rochester to do a show. Maybe the Spring!
2. I told you I have no mojo. None. Today I set up the Projects Table because my Stamp Camps are NEXT WEEKEND. Check out how much I have done so far:
Can you hear the crickets? I have done N O T H I N G !!!! Sigh.
Oh, see those wall parts just beyond the table? Yeah, they'll live there until the 12th when I'll put them BACK in the car for my shows on the 13th and 20th.
3. Wednesday night I met up with BR #2, aka: RuffHaven, so we could eat some beast. And I needed to be served, so this worked out well. Here's where we went:
... and we each had one of these:
NOT a Martini, but a top-of-the-line Margarita. Mmmm. I only needed one. There is no (or very, very little) mix in this version. Sooo good.
Then dinner arrived:
We had a great time catching up and blabbing and just relaxing. We need to do that more often.
4. See these baskets? -->
You can either carry them or, when they get too heavy, switch handles and pull them on their convenient wheels. I saw a man walking in the street today pulling one of these behind him, and there was a small child in the basket. That HAS to be illegal. Seriously.
5. One of my stops today was Trader Joe's. I almost never go there because I inevitably buy more of what I don't need than what I went in for. Today was no different, but I think I actually came out ahead. I went in for these:
They have an awesome selection of dried fruits that I use to make my Alton Brown Fruit Cakes, which I might make this year. These are amazing, and none of that icky candied fruit stuff. Make them! You will not be sorry!
While I was there, I picked up a jar of this:
Their simmering sauces are the BEST! Just saute some chicken in a skillet, and when done, add the simmering sauce. Serve over rice if you'd like. YUM!
6. Moss. I planted moss. One of my tweeps didn't believe me, but it's true, and if you've been here for a while, you'll remember I've done this before. BR #2 has a plethora of moss at her place, and during this season's transplant effort, she was kind enough to drop off a bag of the goodness for me to plant. See -->
You can kinda see at the bottom there's some well-established moss from the first round. I'm going around, filling in the larger spaces, and I hope it will migrate all by itself to fill the smaller spaces. Here's some more:
It's a beautiful thing.
Okay, that's it. At least I've established I am ALIVE and well, even if I have no mojo for stamping. I sure hope to get a clue on Sunday, though.
Thanks for stopping by!