Wednesday, October 6, 2010

For Tony Curtis

Tonight I'm feeling kindof Meh. I have a ton of ideas, but everywhere I turn, my attempts are thwarted! My A Muse stamp I wanted to use is still missing in action, so I went with my back-up plan (gotta have a back-up plan) and used two different A Muse stamps to make this:

This is not how I'd envisioned this card, so my heart just wasn't in it. ;( A little back-story: The world lost Tony Curtis last week, and as I read all sorts of articles and tributes, I ran across this one, where ... *GASP* just take a gander at that first photo in the article, then come right back ... I'll wait ... ... ...

... Okay, in that article/interview, he mentioned he'd once written a poem, which is the sentiment on that card. NOW do you see why I needed to find my fish stamp? Sigh.

Did you notice I managed to sneak some ribbon in there? AND, it's a ribbon from my Box of Every Color Red and Orange Ribbon But The One I Need. It's orange with a red edge, and, once again, something I thought would go with everything that in fact goes with nothing. This may only be the second time I've used it in 5+ years.

I have 3 more of those to make, using other blueish/greenish papers from various Basic Gray and other paper pads. See? Meh.

In other news, I am IN SHOCK after having stopped at the Get of Tar on the way home to purchase more York Peppermint Patties. These are traditional stock items in most crafty rooms this time of year. They make excellent ornaments or stocking stuffers. And last year I made some for Halloween. You can go back to this post to see the process. For Christmas, I have tied a ribbon around the patty and made an ornament out of it. But NO MORE! Nope. York has changed its packaging! ACK! Just look!


On the left: The original. On the right: the new one. How the heck am I supposed to make little round thingies out of those?!?!?!??! We are all ruined! RUINED, I tell you!

So I bought some anyway, and I plan to devise an alternative decorating scheme. I must thinkthinkthink like Winnie The Pooh and come up with something very clever.

Why not use my old stash? Have you ever tried to bite into an old York Peppermint Patty? Check your dental coverage before you try. They get really, really hard. Seriously, you could lose a tooth.

On that note, I need to get moving here. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)