Friday, February 11, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock - Week 7

It's time for another Jingle Belles Rock challenge. This week I had a H U G E surprise when I saw the guest artist is none other than the VERY talented Lisa of Paper Grace Designs. She rocks, and she has the fussy gene, and she's promised to help me find my inner fussy gene, and we're gonna have a Skype cross-country real-time-y crafty session one of these days. (That's secretly part of the reason I felt compelled to clean The Captain's Table last night.)

So ANYway, Miss Lisa's challenge is to make a Christmas card with NO RED, so the name of the challenge is "No RED, she said". So clever. So. very. clever.

In my world, you don't see a lot of red, and I happen to be a big fan of non-traditional colors for ANY holiday, so this was FUN. Oh, yes, "no red" - no problem. Fortunately, I was still allowed to use green. Green, as most of you know, rocks MY world.

So without further ado, I present ... my card:

Look familiar? I made one sorta like it last December, and I've cleaned out my hard drive, or I'd link you. The patterned paper is from one of my many remaining Basic Grey Figgy Pudding packs. The 12x12 stuff. Sigh. The stamp is Hero Arts, as is the sentiment - I risked it all and used an SU marker to ink only the two words on the sentiment. Risk? It's a clear stamp, and I never know if those will take dye inks. I got lucky this time!

Note: The "merry christmas" words are at the bottom of the sentiment, so the top of the stamp and block hit the pearls. Next time stamp first, then add the pearls.

Speaking of which, I embossed the wreath with some old old old old old SU EP from back when we sold it in stacks of 4. This is the Olive color. I tried some Stampendous green, but it was the wrong green for this paper. The pearls ... are not red. They are from a pastel pack I have from Recollections (moment of silence...). You can still find some Recollections stuff at Mike's, by the way.

The green layer under the Figgy Pudding paper is Artichoke, and the card base is Sahara Sand. The ribbon ... I cut two slits in the card with my craft knife and tied it through the wreath. It's not going anywhere.

So there you have it - my card for JBR #7 - No Red, she said. If you haven't played yet, time's a-wastin'! You have until Wednesday to post your card each week. Come on over and join us - we're having a blast!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodnes!! *thud* LESLIE!!!! This is GOR-JUS!! I love that wreath. So very, very, verrrrrrrrrry much. *ssssiiiiigggghhh* Yes, I AM drooling over your card!! ;) Your perfectly placed pearls, your beautiful ribbon, and that luscious Figgy Pudding paper? All just make me soooo happy!

    BEAUTIFUL!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥♥♥HOLY MISTLEYTOE* MISSUS!!!♥♥♥ ok, the green that rocks your world makes cards that rock mine!!! yeeeeeeeeeowza this is gorgeous and just soooooo flippin' clever! WOW! ♥LOVE♥ it!!!



    *yes i accidentally spelled "mistletoe" wrong...but then i thought it was fun to say, "mistleytoe" so i left it! what can i say? it's been a dull slow WV week & a girl's gotta have SOME FUN butchering the english language!) :) :) :)

    ps: what happened to "recollections"??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right ... the talented Lisa rocks ... and she is inspiring some rockin' cards this week too. Glad I'm not the only one who attaches bumpy embellishments before I forgot to stamp or trim something. I am also a lover of those pastel pearls ... such a beautiful embellishment for this holiday wreath ... and aren't you clever with your bow too ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty card...I had a hard time finding any Christmas paper without red in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clever girl! I forget that I can stamp on my patterned paper. Your card is simply elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! I love how you stamped it onto patterned paper! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I really love that card. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how elegant this card is, that wreath is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that wreath image and especially like that you added the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that embossed wreath is gorgeous. I love that you added some pastel pearls - such a nice touch

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)