Tuesday, November 1, 2011

SOS Challenge # 24 - Sports or Western

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is "How 'bout them cowboys" - Sports or Western. From our leader, Carla: Round up the sports or western related items in your stash and put them to use. Horses, cowgirls, cowboys, rodeo, hay, cattle, farm, ranch, bandannas, gingham, cookout, pick up trucks, barns, OR anything sports related...football, soccer, baseball, yoga, jogging, swimming, darts, hunting, etc.! There should be enough options in there for EVERYONE to play!

For my card, I chose to use a new stamp that jumped into my cart while shopping for envelopes at The Paper Source (you know how that happens, right?). I got a sassy cowgirl boot stamp, so I used it to make this:

The image is from Paper Source. I stamped it twice in Versamark on a remnant of Real Red and heat-embossed them with clear EP, then cut them out. The card base and contrasting strip are from the Heaplet. Sentiment is from a TCP (The Cat's Pajamas) set. The button has been on my work desk for about a year, and I finally used it. :)

Now it's your turn: go into your stash, find something Western- or Sports-related, make a card and go link to it over at Shopping Our Stash so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. love the card! those boots are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those boots. Seriously. I would buy a pair of boots like that if I could find them. I like plain, but a nice color, y'know what I'm sayin'? And, boots SHOULD be made for walking!! If you can't walk in boots what can you do in them?! SIT?! That makes no sense. Duh.

    Anyway...your card is great. Love your paper. Your button...and your boots. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those boots! But, yah, have that song in my head and can't get it out!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)