Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock - Creature

This week's challenge at Jingle Belles Rock is Not a CREATURE Was Stirring, and we're asked to use a creature on our card. Your creature might be an animal ... a mouse ... a bird ... a robot ... elves ... snow-persons ... or yes, even a monstah ... just have fun with it ...

This challenge did not surprise me, not one bit! Knowing these two Belles-In-Chief, it was inevitable we'd get a creature prompt. I'm only surprised it took this long into the calendar year, and that it wasn't more specific. Yes, Lauren, I'm looking at you!

So since Lauren already did the monsta thing, I went with normal woodland creatures to make this poorly-photographed card:

I'd say a full 90% of this card is via enablement from others. Lisa enabled me to need that Prima North Country paper. Mary Dawn enabled me to need all the A Muse dies. One of my tweeps enabled me to learn about Impress' online store and sign up for the What's New newsletter and discover they carry almost all the Memory Box dies. So you see, none of this is my fault.

Papers are from the North Country paper pack. I cut the hills and after they were stuck down, I edged them with my SU Dazzling Details. (you need that stuff, seriously) The trees were cut from a remnant - maybe Wild Wasabi, using an A Muse die.

The deer ... the deer. On one hand, it is a very cool die from Memory Box. On the other hand, felt might not have been the best material out of which to cut it. See how Papa deer's head is a bit raised, like his neck is bent? That's because his head is raised and his neck is bent. I cut those *$&#$^^#$ antlers at least 4 times. Every time I touched them, they tore! TORE! Right off his head! The last time I waited until I was ready to glue him down to the card, and put the newly-cut antlers down so I wouldn't destroy them. Also note the die has all 3 deer in a row. Papa got separated from Mama and Bambi when the felt tore. I think next time I'll use paper and just cover them with flock.

The sentiment is from a Kim Hughes CHF Christmas set.

I'm off to create some more! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the enabling ... gotta check out the Dazzling Details and Memory Box die cuts ... love your sweet little reindeer ... and I thought you'd be proud of our restraint to save this prompt for October :) ... so glad you joined our creature feature at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is too much for monday morning, the mutilated deer, the sad news that "A Muse dies" - i'm going to have another cup of coffee and start the week over ;> .. the card looks nice, though, 3D, wonderful color palette, and fuzzies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking ay MOI??!?!? Really?!!! Whatever for, I wonder??!?! :) :) :)

    Ok yeah, it had to be done & at least ONE of us wanted to make it "monsta" cards but cooler heads prevailed!!! & I am glad bc you Belles have really outdone yourselves this week & THIS gorgeous card is definitely one of my FAVES!!!

    Love the felt deer, the papers, the crystal stuff... In short I love the whole awesome thing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. well daddy deer might have been a pain in the proverbial but it's gorgeous all the same! great card and i love the deer. I think I have some of that Prima paper...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)