I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT! For TEN DAYS I've been trying to make this work, and I finally got it!
One of our last lessons in the online A Cut Above classes was how to do partial cuts with the Silhouette. Jennifer's example used a butterfly cut file, and she made it so the body of the butterfly wouldn't cut, thus making the wings appear as if they were emerging from the card. SO COOL!
I already have several butterfly images for the Silhouette, and I tried, and I tried, and I tried, but I got no satisfaction. I always messed up the last step. Then Kristina came to our rescue in the forum and showed us how to do what was needed, and TA DA! I GOT IT!
Here's my card:
So, if you haven't taken the A Cut Above classes yet, please do! You can take the whole series that covers both die-cutting and the Silhouette, and they will also be offered in two parts starting on the 15th, so you can take only the part you want. I think this may be the best online class I've taken. HIGHLY recommended.
Oh, all of the parts-is-parts for this card, except for the base, were from the Heaplet. Scraps, baby! :)
Thanks for stopping by!