Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It Had To Be Done

This card simply had to be made. I knew that when I bought the sentiment many months ago; I just had not gotten around to using it yet. Until now! What pushed me over the edge? This post. Yeah, she is a little out there, but as her by-line says: Offending Society one card at a time! We say it when you can't.

So here we go:

And I used scraps of DS paper that were just laying next to my paper cutter! Yay, me! Yes, those strips of DS paper are going in opposite directions on purpose...to give it a little oomph! The bases are virgin Blue Bayou, but everything else was cut from scraps. I cut the strips of Natural White and Blue Bayou 3/4" wide and stuck the ends into a 1" punch to round just one end. I think the blue strip needs a little something - maybe some brads or gems or dew drops. But overall I am pretty happy with the outcome.

Credits: All supplies by SU except for the sentiment, which is by Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

Thanks for looking! I'm off to finish up some laundry and play with my new In Color papers and inks. I'll post some of those creations later this week.

4 comments:

  1. I just bought one of their stamps that said "how can you smell this bad and still be alive?" I am putting this one on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL I triple heart love it! I must get that stamp~! Thanks for joining me as a shank sister 'out there' tee hee!

    Jailbird

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have laughed & laughed over that quote. I have shared it with friends & family and I still chuckle every time. Thanks, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!! You SLAY me! What a great quote. hee

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)