Friday, October 3, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

I stumbled upon a new (to me, anyway) Blogger plug-in for Polls! You know I just had to try it, so I made one up. It's over there on the right in my side-bar.

As a Demo I get asked a lot about adhesives, and while I am no expert, I do have my favorites, and others do, too. No matter how much I talk up the benefits of double-sided tape as being "forgiving" if you need to unstick and restick something, some people still insist on using the Snail adhesive, which, for me, is too permanent for as many mistakes as I make. And one time someone showed up with an ATG gun, and that things was HUGE. I do not have enough upper-body strength to hold that thing for too long!

So do you have a favorite adhesive? One that you use more than anything else in your card-making adventures? Inquiring minds want to know!

4 comments:

  1. Spit! Yeah...sometimes spit happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have favorite adheisiveS. (Capital S to stress more than one!) JMO, of course...we all tend to like what we are used to...

    I do not recommend glue stick (except the SU one.) When I was a newbie, I purchased one at a scrapbook store (photo-safe, acid-free, blah, blah, blah). A year later, everything became UNstuck. I had to re-do those scrapbook pages.
    Then I tried double-stick tape. I'm okay with this, but it won't stick to some specialty papers.
    I love the snail when I am in a hurry. It is a little forgiving. But I can go through a roll in a week easy if it is the only adhesive I use (expensive). This also does not always stick to specialty papers.
    Sometimes I use Scotch liquid quick-dry because it is strong, dries quickly, and (pro)a bottle can last me ~6 months! (Con) This is VERY UNFORGIVING. Once stuck, even Undu can NOT help you. (Con) If using a thin dp, the "stripes" of glue may show through or even may bubble (rarely, but it happened to me once). (Pro)It is very inexpensive!
    Glue pen-this is my favorite when making iris folding cards. It dries quickly so I can keep folding :) I also like it for adding a line of glitter to my card.
    Xyron-I use this for die cutting letters (like QuicKutz).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I know who I'll be going to for adhesive advice...Miss June sure sounds like she knows what she's talking about!
    I usually use snail...basically because I'm lazy! But if I want to make sure that something's stuck permanently and will never come apart I use Crystal Effects ...especially for chipboard thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dotto is my favorite because even days later I can undo/redo something. I use Snail on the tough stuff. I know that many people buy Snail over Dotto because Snail is cheaper but if I have to throw out a card, it's not cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)