I chose to use the SU Juntos Designer Series paper, which is available in the Spanish supplement. I fell in love with the colors, so I had to have it, and this challenge would give me a chance to actually open the package. Some of you fellow hoarders know what I mean.
I cut a 6x6 piece of one of the sheets, did some initial layering, then set the materials to one side, where it all got promptly buried. Now that I am working on using stuff on the table, I have worked my way back down to the partially-constructed cards, and I made myself finish them today.
The good thing about being so very late with the challenge is I have no need to actually follow it to the letter, so I took a few liberties. Plus, you will notice, I used no ribbon! Yes, it almost killed me, and I think the cards are boring without it, but I did it all the same. Looking back, I think they could actually use some ribbon, but I think I'll just call them all done right now!
So here's the layout for the 6x6 cutting instructions:
Here's the card sketches:
And here's what I came up with:
Eh, probably not my favorites, but it was fun to stretch myself out of my usual rut. Speaking of which, I have already selected some paper to use for my next project later this week. Time permitting, of course.
I see I have managed to whittle away an entire day stamping and doing laundry. Time to call it a night and get rested up for the commute to the Day Job in the morning. Thanks for stopping by!