Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Spot The Mistake - We Have A Winner!

First of all, let me just say you are ALL over-achievers! You never fail to find mistakes even *I* did not see, and I thank you for that. No, really!

The one mistake on which *I* was focussed was the it's instead of its in this sentence:

I spied this dress in one of the tents and needed to take it's picture.

Other than that, you guys also found these boo-boos:

--> (Was that a redundant statement? Is anal-retentive hyphenated?
I left off the ending parenthesis. ACK!

-->I used to grow these, but mine were green, not purple on the outside.
Missing comma after not purple.

--> missing apostrophe from Maters and taters
You know what? YOU ARE CORRECT and I am horrified! All these years I have been abbreviating those words and not inserting the requisite leading apostrophe! OMG, I am so ashamed.

--> the offerings and quantities of veggies is beginning to wane
Should be are beginning to wane. CORRECT! I missed this one, too. *hangs head in shame*

And a few Nice Try's, but NOT mistakes:
--> Butternut vs Buttercup squash
--> Acorn vs Buttercup squash
Nope. When she said Buttercup, I asked "Butternut?" and she said no, Buttercup.

NOW, to pick a winner. At this moment I'd like to give you ALL something for being so NICE and for reading this blog in the first place, but alas, I only have one item selected this time, so there can only be one winner. And I select ... drum-roll, please ... oh, the tension is building ... ... ... Zanne! YAY! Who-hoo! The crowd goes wild!

Zanne - please send me an email with your mailing address and I'll get your goods in the mail!

Thanks for playing, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)