Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hambo Hoedown #8

I have fallen behind on my challenges, and I'm trying to get back on track. I think it helps stretch my imagination and creativity, and I use some of the crap stuff I have in The Captain's Quarters, currently clogging my floor. The paths, they narrow.

When I saw that this week's Hambo Hoedown challenge included a sketch, I had to do it. Since I didn't play last week, I didn't get the free image, but never fear! I have a bazillion Hambo images, both digital and rubbah, so I was cool.

Here is the sketch:

... and I used their Drooly digi of a cute dog and two sentiments to create not just one, but two cards. Here is the first one:

I took a few liberties by using an oval instead of a circle, and I put ribbon through the "dog tag" sentiment. The papers are Basic Grey max & whiskers. I love that I can pick out any papers and they just work together. I colored the dog with Copics, and used a silver glitter pen for his tag, and a clear glitter pen for his drool.

Okay, how many of you have been slimed by a drooly dog? *raises hand* Hey, it happens, but it's done out of love, or begging, or "you are sitting in my spot so I'll lay my head in your lap". I thought he liked me, but his owner told me I was sitting in the dog's spot. I didn't wear those slacks again that weekend. Ew.

Since I had to print the dog and sentiment, I went ahead and printed him twice and also printed both sentiments. It was the most efficient use of that piece of card stock, plus I got two cards instead of one. :) There are a LOT of dog people at my markets, so I hope this one sells.

The second card is the same as the first except for the background color and, yes, the sentiment:


Hee hee. I think he's a cutie.

Okay, off to post this to the Hambo Hoedown site and catch up on some laundry so I can go to work tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic, love your funny card, love the image... awesome! Thanks for joining in the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, glad to see you back at the Hoedown this week! Missed you last week! These are super cute. I love that dog - your papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! Love those papers and of course the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are both AWESOME! I love this image, and I hope everyone at the markets will too. So glad you jumped back into the Hoedown! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are totally adorable! My friend has an English Mastiff and that thing is like a drools like a fire hose, so you have to prepared to be slimmed when visiting that house. Good times! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)