Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sketchy Sunday {TG013}

Creative Avoidance is in full swing at the Crooked abode. I got totally distracted when, in a futile and hopeless attempt to keep up with my Google Reader backlog (I keep adding more blogs ... this is not good), I saw Tiff's Sketch Sunday post for this week:


I thought about baker's twine, but then I saw Tiff used that, so I came up with another plan: open and use my MFT banner die, so I did! I flipped the sketch to make banners work better, and this is what came out:

Those tiny strips of paper at the bottom are punch-out parts from die-cutting the banners. I call it my stand-in for the "row of stars" on the sketch. For my circle element, I used a PTI button, and the sentiment is A Muse.

That lame-o tied stuff in the button was my first attempt to use Scrapper's Floss (from Karen Foster). I need more practice. Other than that, I think this is a fun card for a girl's birthday. :)

Off to craft some more. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo clever!!! Love your use of the MFT die! You definitely rocked this sketch :) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH OH OHHHHHHHHH! i ♥LOVE♥ that sketch and your card is SUCH a brillllllllllliant version! i wanna write more...but at the moment...i really wanna just go use that sketch!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative avoidance yields genius!!! I NEED a banner die or at least a cricut cartridge with a banner...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)