Monday, December 5, 2011

End of Another Season

This past weekend was my last craft show for the season. Since I'm not planning to do the weekly farmers markets next year, it's the end of an era for me. Yeah, I've decided to take a year off and enjoy two-day weekends for a change. So far I kinda like them. :)

This show during the first weekend of December is pretty ingrained in people's psyches. So much so that last year, when the organizer changed it from Saturday to Sunday, people still showed up on Saturday looking for us. This year he made it a 2-day show. I wasn't convinced it would work, but I was pleasantly surprised with fairly steady shopper traffic on Sunday.

Here's how my set-up looked this time:

The card rack on the left of this photo was all holiday cards - not quite full. The one on the right was ... not holiday.

And here's the side table:

I actually SOLD the Noel and Love ribbon wreaths under glass, plus that collage in the back. :)

And I also - SURPRISINGLY - sold a TON of holiday cards. I almost never sell holiday cards. Every year people come into my booth, heavily laden with holiday shopping merchandise and wreaths and things, then ask if I have any birthday cards. Seriously.

I sold so many holiday cards my standing card rack was nekkid. Something had to be done. So I made it a skirt for the second day:

Sorry it's so fuzzy. It worked out quite well, I think. And I sold a bunch more holiday cards, too! :)

So what's next in my crooked life? I'll be adding more cards to my Etsy shop, and I'll probably send a bunch of the older stuff to Cards for Soldiers like I do most years about this time. It thins the inventory so I have fewer boxes in here, plus it's a great cause.

Then I shall re-group and get stampy! I think I'll start by using all my uninked and neglected CAT STAMPS. I could have a theme a week. :)

I'll be back tomorrow with another Shopping Our Stash challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. That's soooooo awesome that your show went so well! What a way to end the year. How exciting! I know you'll enjoy having the extra time for yourself next year. And you can always go back the following year if you find you get bored. HAHHAH!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on such an awesome show! I agree that my biggest seller would have been birthday cards if I had some more. Great way to end the year/era.

    Can't wait to see your next batch of cards and feed off your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you did so well...but you make nice stuff and people like nice stuff...your display looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! That's great that you sold loads of Holiday cards this year. Funny, I asked my aunt Kat what kind of cards she thought the family would like as gifts & she said Birthday cards. Can't wait to see your theme weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your show went so well!

    I'd love to see what the last collage was... can't see more than a tree from the pic.

    Enjoy your 2-day weekends!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)