I've been playing all day, and I have one card - ONE CARD - to show you. Sigh. However, I did try a lot of things, so it was a very fun play time. Here's my card, then I'll share all the technique-y stuff I used:
Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire have enabling posts that use this stamp set, and, well, say no more.
This card is not my first attempt (far from it!), but it's the first one that I felt I actually liked. I'll show you the process I used, because I can.
First, I stamped the image on the back of some Bazzill Avalanche card stock. I tried several different inks on the textured front of the card stock, but no matter what I tried, including reinking the pads, nothing gave me a clean image, so I gave up and stamped on the back of the card stock using Distress Black Soot that I then clear-embossed. Then I started masking:
My alert readers will notice this is not the image used in the final card. Nope. The background on this one goes in the other direction (darker at the bottom). But it does have just the antlers and scarf done, so it's all good. :)
I decided to use Copics to color the image. One of my failed attempts used water coloring, and I wanted to try the Copics this time. I'll try water coloring another time. Here's the finished card again:
Oh, and yes, I was playing with the background. I couldn't decide if I liked it better with the concentrated color on top or bottom:
I think I like it concentrated on the bottom better. Of course I colored the other one first.
In other news, Bobra seems to have settled in and is quite comfortable. Unfortunately he's either hiding or bouncing off the walls when I have my camera at the ready, so this is the best I can do:
That's his GO AWAY I'M SUPERVISING THE SQUIRRELS AND LEAVES look. He's so fierce. Actually, I think I surprised him. He's not used to the camera yet, though he does come when I call him, so I hope to get a decent photo of him soon.
Thanks for stopping by!