One of my self-assigned tasks this weekend was to disappear a pack of 6x6 paper, preferably of the (gah) pink variety. I am proud to announce I did just that! It wasn't a full pack, but it is now history, and I have ... doing the math in my head ... 31 more cards for OWH. Whoot!
I plan to bore you to tears, so you may want to grab something alcoholic (if it's evening where you are) or a big cuppa joe if it's daytime, and settle in for a long ride. Let us begin.
Yesterday (Friday) Sandy, our fearless leader extraordinaire over at OWH had a trial live chat via StageIt.com. My DSL was freezing most of the time, so I caught about 6 words ... freeze ... jump ahead a topic ... missed that ... cool card ... whoa, when did we change topics again? Yeah, like that, for 45 minutes. But along the way she showed us some cool cards, which of course I only partially remember, but one of them pushed me into the effort whose results you are about to see.
Here's one of the cards I made with the sketch (as I remember it):
ANYway, I found I had 14 full sheets of 6x6 paper left in my pack of Memory Box gossamer papers, so I made 14 cards, 11 of this design. I took each base and figured out which piece of smaller remnant was least offensive and cut those vertical pieces. Then I stamped 11 of the worlds (in SU Blush Blossom) on SU Very Vanilla and stamped the sentiment over them in Distress Gathered Twigs. Why brown? Because except for this card and one other, the remaining cards are matted on dark brown. This one got Old Olive.
Oh, one more thing. I started these and then got stuck, for hours and hours. Something was missing, but I just couldn't figure out what it was. Then I remembered the old days when I could not make a card without RIBBON! So out came my Box Of Every Color Pink But The One I Need ribbons, and I honestly almost gave up until I found the ribbon you see above. I still didn't use it up, though. Sigh.
Here's another one:
Last one from this batch:
Okay, then all I had left were cut-offs from the larger pieces, and I wanted to use them all so there was nothing left. I cut the larger strips into smaller pieces and ended up with a huge pile of paper strips I then cut into banners. I then proceeded to stick 3 or 4 to a card base, and I kept cutting more bases until all the banners were gone. I had 17 cards. Whoa.
I made them all the same, except for the banners. Here's one of them:
And the last one of this batch:
Also in the paper pack were three sheets that I couldn't bear to cut up, so they became square cards:
So 11 of the funky sketch + 17 of the banners + 3 of the square version = 31 cards. There's still one day left of this weekend, so I may crank out some more, but I am so proud that this MB gossamer paper pack is gone, gone, gone!
Thanks for sticking with me, and thanks for stopping by!
Products used but not listed below: SU Naturals White card stock, SU Very Vanilla card stock, SU Melon Mambo card stock, SU Old Olive card stock, SU Blush Blossom ink, Martha Steward Heart Confetti punch, Memory Box Gossamer 6x6 paper, Basic Grey sugared 6x6 paper.