Saturday, April 12, 2014

Crafty Projects, Parts Seventh

We had a little surprise at the crafty retreat last weekend. Aaron, from Hero Arts, provided us each with a custom stamp made with Heather Ruwe's handwriting. It's awesome!  Here is a project I made with the stamp:


I love it! I colored the stamp with Distress markers, stamped it, lightly misted the paper to let it bleed (but just a little), dried it, then stamped over it again in black. I did use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line it up, since the stamp is red rubber and I can't see through that. Heck, I should probably use the SAMJ for the clear stamps, too.

I think I'll unpack a little, at least enough so I can stamp later.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. This is a fun look. I wondered how you achieved the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I like the bled out words look. Like, I wouldn't have even known those were the words if you hadn't said, but I did like how the mirrored the words so well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)