Tuesday, June 3, 2014

ABNH: June Sketch

I'm over at A Blog Named Hero today with this month's sketch. We have a double collaboration this month; we're using products from Finding Nana and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft in addition to Hero Arts products.

Here's one of my sketch interpretations:


This is the first of five cards I made, and it's my favorite. I know, I know, you're not supposed to have favorites, because all the other cards get sad. But this one just came out like I'd planned.

Well, that's a lie, since I don't actually plan my cards. I'd thought this one through the point of coloring the chipboard banners with Faber-Castell Big Brush Pens. That's it - it's all I had to start with. And I had to do the banners twice since the first time all the ink soaked in. I painted them with Gesso for the do-over, and except for the stripey look, it worked much better.

As is my nature, I let the colors of the banners dictate the paper I needed to dig out of my collection. I chose Basic Grey Kioshi simply for the colors.

I stamped an image on the bottom of the purple strip of paper using Distress Milled Lavender - it's very faint, which is exactly what I was going for. I then stamped the sentiment over the image in black.

Once I popped up the pretty paper on foam tape, I added a Finding Nana butterfly clip. I love that it let me pull out yet another color from that paper.

Why not stop over to ABNH and see what else I've cooked up?

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)