As I wandered around the craft room earlier, I "found" a package of stickers I'd picked up at a crop back in early May. Did I need them? No. But I won them, so they came home with me:
There were four double-sided sticker strips in the package, so I stuck them to four pieces of card stock, then started to play. Let me just say that two of the four actually survived my screw-ups. NOT the sticker's fault. This is one of them:
I've never embossed with a sticker before (that I can recall), and I was pleased that the clear embossing powder not only stuck to the sticker part, but embossed quite nicely. I thought you needed Versamark or pigment ink to hold the powder and help it melt properly, but obviously I was wrong.
After it was embossed, I masked off the top and bottom with Post-it tape and colored over the embossing with Distress inks using the mini blending tool. That mini blending tool works so well in small places like this!
I added strips of black on either side of the inky goodness, put it on a piece of mystery black card stock, and put all of that onto a Hero Arts card base from my pal's "here, keep this in your craft room" stash.
My last act was to add a sentiment, and I used a nice one this time instead of snarky. This might work for an aunt or other female relative who likes flowers. But I do feel some snark rising to the surface again, so you'll see some of that real soon. :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Stuff I used: ClearSnap Design Adhesives (Hawaiian Hibiscus pattern), mystery black card stock, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following: