Saturday, June 7, 2014

Two VSN cards

I played the first two VSN challenges and thought I'd show you my cards.

The first challenge theme is to use a campfire as your inspiration. We could use campfire, or something about warmth from a fire, or the colors yellow/orange/brown. This is what I made:


I knew I had fire dies in one of my MFT sets, so I used them with the guitar from the same set. I die-cut extra guitars out of Kraft and put them behind the wood-grain one so it had some dimension.

The words are from the MFT Modern Graphics Tee stamp set. I stamped them with Memento Luxe Cocoa ink and clear-embossed them.  After I colored the flame, I went over it with my Wink of Stella clear pen to make it shine.

The second challenge is to use stickers. Well, I mostly purged my stickers when I moved, but I pulled out a Jennifer McGuire trick and used some letter stickers as a mask to make this:


And no, they are not crooked. Well, yes, they are, but they are not straight on purpose. Here's how I stuck them to a piece of acetate to line them up (spacing, etc.):


Then I stuck the tops of the letters to the card stock and removed the acetate:


Then I sprayed the card stock with three colors of Stephanie Barnard sprays, plus some Perfect Pearl mist I made by mixing Perfect Pearls with some water. It adds a nice shimmer to the whole piece. Finally, I removed the letters. I think the reveal of the white letters underneath was the best part. :D

I went into my stash of sequins and pulled out some in mostly the same colors as the sprays, and also added some tiny silver stars.

I did try to make a card with the removed letter stickers:


but there wasn't much stick left in them. They were quite pretty, though!

I'm off to play some more challenges. You should join us over at the VSN forum!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: MFT Modern Graphic Tee stamp set, vat of clear embossing powder, A*Muse wood-grain card stock, Elle's Studio pink letters, Stephanie Barnard mists (Bubblegum, Guava, Tangerine), misc sequins, and the following:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)