Wednesday, August 6, 2014

OCC Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Homework, Days 1 & 2, Part 1


I'm taking the current Online Card Classes Stretch Your Stamps 2 class, and as always, it's totally worth the price of admission.  Days 1 & 2 focused on Background and Reverse Background stamps. I made two cards, and I'll post them separately so I can link them to the same class gallery.

I followed Kristina's project to make this:


I detested my background results, so I didn't make the second card with the strip of background, but I felt it was okay to do the die-cut example. I also cut extra words to stack them, and another one out of black paper to add a shadow. It's all covered in Glossy Accents, too, which you can kindof see on the top of the 'o'.

Not my favorite card, but it's all a learning experience, right? :) I'll post card #2 next.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: misc black patterned paper, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. holy WOW, i think i have to disagree on the "not the best card ever" statement! definitely ONE of the best cards ever, anyway. so dramatic and bold... but still C&S... which is a neat trick!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the addition of the black, really adds depth.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)