First, I grabbed my Art Impressions Girlfriends stamp set and I made this:
See those hands? Yeah, problems. I ended up piecing the clothing with the hands intact, then stamping, coloring and fussy-cutting the hands separately. It was actually easier, and the hands have some dimension now. Also, the shirts don't fit perfectly into the space above the slacks, so I called it "their camisoles are showing". They be stylin'.
Two rare tools used here: A Wink of Luna silver brush marker for the earrings, and an ultra-fine-point Sharpie to color their upper lips a very bright red.
The sentiment proved to be a problem. Since I'm generally opposed to making other than an A2-size card, it just didn't fit anywhere to my liking. I was going to put it under their feet, but it didn't feel right. There 's another more-square sentiment in the set, but I really wanted to use this one, so I stamped it on vellum with Memento Luxe black ink and clear-embossed it. This way you can still see the image and handsome paper piecing.
The colors of their clothing were chosen based on the current (current, I know!) Nacho Average Challenge colors:
I used paper from the Echo Park Simple Life 6x6 pad for the green and orange-red, and Basic Grey PB&J for the navy.
ETA: Wheee! I won Top Nacho with this card!
For my second card, I followed the now-expired City Crafter Challenge to use a house on a project. I immediately thought of my cache of wood veneer houses, and I made this:
Just because a challenge is expired doesn't mean I can't use it; it's still a good challenge, especially if it gives me an idea to use up some stash!
I used the colors from the now-expired Color Throwdown challenge:
I used Hero Arts Tide Pool ink for the Bermuda Bay, Copic R08 for the Real Red, and Copic N2 for the Smoky Slate. I like the color combination, a lot! I colored the houses with the Copics, and used the Tide Pool ink to sponge in the sky and grass. So what if I have a green sky?! It's ART! (Thank you, Lydia, for helping me to justify my color choices.)
I put the white panel onto a piece of Hero Arts Mixed Pool layering papers, and attached it off-center to a white card base. The sentiment from Clearly Besotted was stamped in Hero Arts Charcoal.
I kinda like how this one came out. :)
I'm headed back in to work on some more challenges. I'll be back to share if anything turns out to be blog-worthy.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stuff I used:
For the Girlfriends card: Basic Grey PB&J 6x6 paper pack, red ultra-fine-tip Sharpie, I listed the ZIG 2-way glue pen, but I used my SU 2-way glue pen since it was closer and works just as well -- I have both), and the following:
For the Houses card: Wood veneer houses from my stash, A*Muse Studio cloud dies, and the following: