Sunday, October 26, 2014

Get Well Bird

When I got home from my crafty weekend, I didn't unpack since I was having some drawers built in my craft room and I needed to empty it out. So I left all the packed stuff in the Living Room, and emptied out the rest of the craft room so the installer could move in there.

Then I left town for a few days, and fell waaaaaaay behind in the reload effort. Today I spent an inordinate amount of time bagging and labeling about half of my dies so they can be sorted and stored in their new home: one of the new drawers. I cannot believe I spent so much time on the task and only did half the dies. I might have a few too many. But once I get them all done, I'll only need to do the incoming merchandise.

I haven't even begun to re-package and label the stamps yet. All I've done is put them in the drawers in their original packaging. Baby steps, people, baby steps. I promise to show you the new digs once it's all organized.

So naturally I have nothing new to share with you. Thus, I bring you another card I made during my crafty weekend:


First I stamped, die-cut and colored the bird and the bandages. Then I sat and stared at them, trying to figure out what to do. I ended up trimming down the main white panel (so. much. white.), and taking a few strips of paper from my MME Quite Contrary 6x6 paper pack for the sides. The bird is popped up on a piece of foam tape.

I have a few more cards waiting in the wings. Hopefully I'll get back to business later this week.

Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. Cute card! I can't wait to see the newly organized craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that little bird is as cute as can be. I'll be looking forward to seeing your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect get well card to brighten someone's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! the bandaids!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too flippin' cuuuuute! the nurse bird is pretty adorable, too, as a matter of fact! yikes, i might have cute-envy overload, i'm definitely leaving before i peek at who makes those... CIAO, missus... :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little card. And thank you for toning down some of that white... so I wouldn't twitch. I can't wait to see the finished craft room (or work in progress craft room as I know it never completely finished).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)