It's time once again for me to reveal the state of my craft desk, so I thought I'd play this week's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Here she is in all her messy glory:
I was in the throes of creating for a few DT assignments, and I just couldn't make anything I liked. I'd huff in frustration, push the supplies aside, and try something else. Sometimes I'd re-use some of the materials, trying a different approach, but they all failed me. At one point I realized I had parts of four or five projects here, so I took the photo.
Let's do those numbers!
Clockwise, from the bottom left:
1. Cut up and punched paper that didn't make it to a card, and a die that I'd used to cut another piece of paper that didn't make it to the same card. I left the papers and pad out since #5 is the card in question, and you just never know.
2. Stamp used in failures 1a, 1b and 1c. I was too disgusted to clean it. It may still be there.
3. Punch used in #1.
4. Stamp set used in #17, coloring the balloons.
5. Partial card stuck to a non-stick craft sheet. Yes, I'm that good.
6. Top of my desk lamp, showing my cache of plastic thingies in reserve for use in my Glossy Accent bottle to keep it from clogging. I was a Girl Scout, and I'm always prepared.
7. My new (neat) collection of strips of white card stock I use for sentiments and stamping small images. They used to be under #11.
8. Tools of the trade.
9. My UFO box. This holds all my water color experiments, failed dry embossing experiments, cast-aside die-cuts, etc.
10. My collection of acrylic blocks, within easy reach of my paws. See? I'm organized, you just can't tell at first glance.
11. A piece of bubble wrap, colored with neon ink daubers (#13). All cards made with this failed to make it past Quality Control, but it's still wet, so I don't want to touch it.
12. Stamps and ink used to stamp the sentiment on #5. I wasn't done, so they weren't put away.
13. Neon paint daubers used in #11. I was glaring at them.
14. Ink and Copics used to color #17.
15. Distress ink and pieces of tape used in a previous failed attempt.
16. Ink used on the card stuck to the craft sheet in #5.
17. The image I'm coloring, plus another one stamped, ready to color, since I let the red bleed into the green and it was fugly. I had to re-do the star and cut it out.
That's it! A whooooole lot of frustration on one desk. I eventually did finish the card stuck to the non-stick craft mat (#5) and you'll see it later this month.
Thanks for stopping by!