Monday, October 20, 2014

A Guest Gig at Stamplorations!

Hello! Back in September I won a challenge at Stamplorations, and that included a guest DT spot. (squee!) Today is that day, so here we go!

Here is today's sketch:


and my card:


I used two digital files here: the 1" Squares Digital Collage Sheet and the Printable Faded Butterflies Journaling Cards Digital Collage Sheet. First I cut out a square of four images from the birds sheet, then I cut out the grey journaling card and mounted the bird square inside the frame of the journaling card.

The layer under the journaling card is one of my water color experiment cast-offs, and I thought the orange and yellow worked well with the birds.  I mounted that onto a layer of grey card stock, then put the whole thing onto a white card base.

For the sentiment, I stamped one of the sayings from the Taylored Expressions Shade Tree Sentiments set onto a piece of Distress water color paper, then trimmed away some of the white. I like to do that around words that are only tall in a few spots because of a few long or tall letters.  I think it makes the sentiment panel less bulky.

Thanks again to Stamplorations for the opportunity for the Guest DT spot. I'm so honored!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome! Love the fun birds through the window~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie, great to have you with us at STAMPlorations!Great card - love the splatter background and those cute birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun design and colors. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie! I love the colors and layered look of your card. And so cute birdies! :) Thanks for being our gd at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layers, I especially like that bit of watercolor peaking out. Great cutting on the sentiment as well. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, love the little birdies and water colored BG :) So glad to have u as out Guest Designer !

    ReplyDelete
  7. very, verrrrrrrrrrrrrry COOL! i love those birds, especially!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like those big eyed birds and the squiggles behind them. What a fun card. Your castoff water color piece really works for this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leslie, I'm so glad we have a super-talented cardmaker like you as a guest designer at STAMPlorations! Love your take on the sketch and the layered look on your card is just amazing! Incredible how you combined all the different elements to create a fantastic card! Your watercolor cast-off panel goes so perfectly with those fun birds! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for joining us as a Guest Desinger at STAMPlorations, Leslie with this stunning card! I love the way you used the sketch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Leslie. Your watercolour background works so well with the birds. Never would have thought that it was a cast off, let's call it an arty scrap from your box of tricks! Great card, so glad to have you as our guest designer for this sketch challenge. Have a lovely day! Monika x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)