Hello! I thought it would be fun to play along with the Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. For a little background, here's how it works:
- Our wonderful leader, Amy, has a link-up at her blog: http://tsurutadesigns.blogspot.com/2014/12/holiday-coffee-lovers-blog-hop-details.html
- The cool thing about this hop is it's built as more people play! There's no pre-set hop order.
- If you want to play along, just make a hot-beverage-themed card, post it on your blog, then link it up over at Amy's blog.
- The linky will remain open through Friday, December 12th at 11:55 pm Pacific. This will give everyone plenty of time to link up, perhaps even multiple times!
- You can choose to join in, or just hop along and check out what everyone else has made.
- The actual hop will end Sunday, Dec 14th. This is for participants (people who link up) who are offering blog candy to people commenting on their blogs.
- If you want to just check out everything later, Amy will be pinning all of our cards to a board at Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/tsuruta/holiday-coffee-lovers-blog-hop-2014/
- There are sponsors, which means there are prizes for participants! To be eligible, you have to link up. Regular hoppers (non-linkers) are only eligible for blog candy offered on individual blogs.
- Amy will also be awarding 5 prizes to people that comment on ALL of the linked blogs!
Got that? Basically, you can play along or just hop. I chose to play, because it was an excuse to use a coffee stamp set. It wasn't even MY coffee set, but I used it. Here's my card, then I'll explain:
I borrowed the Simon Says Stamp What's Brewing set from my crafty pal I visited last weekend. I was going to color it, but I don't color well, especially on large open spaces. Instead I opted to stamp it on pretty paper. I spent the most time stamping and cutting out the white inside rim of the mug and the "coffee", which has been enhanced with a layer of Glossy Accents.
I also added the steam because the layout needed something. I stamped and white-embossed it before I stuck the mug to the card front.
I followed a sketch from Stamplorations for their December challenge:
where we're to choose any of their sketches. I chose Sketch #2:
I love a good sketch! :D
That's enough blathering for now. Make sure to check back at Amy's blog for new links, and also the list of great sponsors! You've gotta link for a chance to win!
Please carry on with the hop, and thanks for stopping by!
PS: Sorry, no blog candy or recipe here. :(