Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Rosie's Thinking Of You

As most of you know, I like challenges. Not personal challenges, because heaven knows I've earned the right to live a carefree life at this point. But bloggy card-making challenges? Oh, yeah, baby. It's what keeps me going most days.

One of my pals, Joy, asked me if I was going to play the current Sketch Saturday challenge:



and she thought maybe we could both play. OF COURSE I said YES!  Here's my card:


When I visited my LSS a few weeks ago to check it out, I found she carries Rosie's Road Show. I LOVE Rosie's stamps, and I have a vast collection that hasn't seen the light of day in quite a while. So for this challenge, I dug into my collection and used them!

First I sponged the sky and grass background. Then I stamped the tree and sentiment. The tree doesn't have leaves, so I drew them with a multiliner and colored them with a Copic. It helps that the tree is funky, since my leaves are very, um, free-form. Yeah, that's it.

I stamped the duck on a separate piece of card stock, colored him outside the lines, fussy-cut him, and glued him on under the tree. I added a sun stamped in Memento Luxe Dandelion and clear-embossed, and drew in some birds.

I hacked a Hero Arts green card base to cut the panel for under the sponged white layer.

The heart was another one left over from one strip I die-cut with the Memory Box Heartfelt Delights die way back at the beginning of my crafty weekend. I still have a few hearts left, even 10 days later.

For the banners, I originally tried many, many different washi tapes, but I amazingly don't have one that works. I finally used a tiny piece of paper from my Basic Grey Out Of Print 6x6 pack and cut some banners.They're more subtle than the washi tapes I tried, which is why I think they work better. This way the little scene is what catches your eye, not the washi tape.

Why not stop over at Joy's blog and check out her creation

So, will we keep up this dueling challenges thing? Who knows. But I think it's fun to play once in a while.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Basic Grey Out of Print 6x6 paper pack, Rosie's Roadshow Booker (duck), SunLeif (tree), Sitting Here sentiment, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! All that hand drawing, my oh my! It all worked out perfectly and obviously you need more washi if you didn't have the perfect thing for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little scene and a great CAS version of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)