Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Love You Tons

Today I broke out a Lawn Fawn set I HAD TO HAVE back in May, and I finally used it to make this:


I began by stamping and die-cutting the elephants. I love that they face each other! I used three different T (Toner) Copic markers to color them. 

In addition to finally using a stamp set I've had for seven months, I pulled out my A Muse Skinny Oval I've had forever and used it to ground the elephants instead of just scribbling with a Copic marker. It was stamped with Simon Says Stamp Fog ink, which is a bit warmer grey than the Toner Copics, but I'm okay with that.

After I stamped the sentiment and heart from the set, I trimmed down the white panel and rounded the corners. I might have done this three times before I got it to the size I wanted.

I chose a gradient striped paper for the background, and felt it needed a spot of another color in addition to a vertical element. I took my cue from the green papers in the same 6x6 pack and put a piece of washi tape under the white panel. Wow, I used five whole inches of washi tape. Only 4,857,392,048 miles of tape left. ;/

This was pretty quick to make, and I'm happy with how it came out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: A Muse Skinny Oval wood stamp (bought back when you could buy A Muse stamps in stores and online from their site), miscellaneous washi tape, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. Leslie, this sounds like me and all the stamps I have that I just HAD to have - and have never been inked up! I've even forgotten why I had to have them now! LOL!
    Love this card and those cute little elephants. Great idea on the use of the oval under them too. Love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I demand a recount on how many miles of washi you have left to use. I love the card and the touch of washi. I know I have stamps that haven't been used yet. Someday their time may come!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)