Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pink Love

HA, I'll bet you never thought you'd see those two words together on my blog, huh? Don't worry, I still do not like pink, but I did use some on a card for a challenge.

I mentioned in my last post that I had a crafty play date yesterday, and I was lacking in mojo. I'd also forgotten to bring my list of challenges, so I had no help there. However, I did remember that the current Just Us Girls challenge is to use at least three of these colors:


I was already in Kraft mode from that last card, and my pal LOVES pink (we are polar opposites there), so I made this:


In an unguarded moment a year or so ago, I purchased ONE OF EACH, PLEASE of the Lawn Fawn note card packs, and I have yet to use them. I took one of them and die-cut it with my new Winnie & Walter love die. I white-embossed the you from the Simon Says Stamp Expressions for You set onto a navy panel, then stuck on the pink word. Yes, I know there is embossing powder everywhere. Yes, I did use my anti-static thingie. Sigh.

I wanted to put the navy piece onto Kraft, but it was boring, so I stamped a mystery (no label - maybe Hero Arts, maybe Basic Grey, maybe HA/BG or HA/Studio Calico) background onto the Kraft panel using Versamark Champagne ink, then I put everything onto a white base.

I like how this turned out!

I have a few more cards I made, so I'll be back later with another one.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Night of Navy card stock, SU Kraft/Crumb Cake card stock, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. Very cool card! Love the background...gives it a lot of interest! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink? Do my eyes deceive me? Very pretty card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gag factor for the pink is very low for this card so I can see why it didn't make you twitch too much. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background. Your huge LOVE looks fabulous and the glittery you is a perfect finish. So glad you joined us this week at Just us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love any kind of dots! This is CAS and fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the girls and I at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed. You used (GAH!) pink! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)