Friday, September 11, 2015

SOS & JB BONUS Challenge

Yes, it's Friday, but we have a special BONUS challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. We've teamed up with the lovely ladies at Jingle Belles for their current challenge, which is to make a holiday/winter card using something that is at least a year old. And you'll get to link up to both blogs, thus doubling your chances to win!

And by win, I mean more than just a shout-out. You'll actually get real crafty goodies! Wheee!

Here is the card I made for the challenge:


I NEEDED these dies from Memory Box when they first came out a few years ago, and I think I've used them once. After making this card, I remembered why: what a PITA to piece all that stuff! Ack!  But for you guys, I made one. One. This will not be my holiday card, mass-produced.

But I used up a bunch of paper remnants, too, so there's that.

Also, those hills were an after-thought. I had a row of trees suspended in mid-air, and I needed to do something. The hills were also cut out of remnants. No virgin paper was harmed in the making of this card.

So, wanna play along? You'd be one card closer to being ready for the holidays. Why not make one, then go to both Shopping Our Stash and Jingle Belles to link up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Memory Box Yuletide 6x6 papers, Memory Box Pine Border Background, Memory Box Pine Border Outline,Elizabeth Craft double-sided adhesive sheet, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. Lovely! I like the paper piecing on the trees. I almost bought those dies, and then I remembered the PITA factor and decided against it. I should remember it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the die and wow all the paper piecing. I understand the reasoning behind "it's not going to be your mass produced card this year" lol. Fabulous card BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that die+stamp set, but yeah, i can see how it'd be a pita; and those are verrrrry small little pieces... yeah... a one-off but all the more special for that! so happy we're doing a team up again, more is merrier when making holiday cards FOR SURE! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've fallen into that "I NEED these dies" trap too, only to figure out after the fact the PITA part of them. But YOU, made this die come to life! I love the paper pieced trees and the gently rolling hills you created! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked that die when I saw it in a LSS too, but passed it by. Thanks for reinforcing my decision, even though I really like your card! This is the kind of card you make now, not in mid-December. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness that no virgin paper was maimed for this card. I love it! I love the patterns you used in your pieced trees. This was a must-have die for me too until I gave it a lot of thought and talked myself out of it for the very fiddly probably you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhhh i love that die...but ya, it does look SUPER fiddly!!
    But the end result is totally worth it, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)