Saturday, November 28, 2015

Oh, Christmas Tree

Once again, I ended up making something completely different than I set out to make. It's what card-making is all about, at least in my world. You never know what you're going to get!

I made two versions of a card (just a minor difference). Here's the first one:



I followed the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


Since everything was white-on-white, I used a strip of paper from MME Mistletoe Magic under my sentiment for some color and contrast. The tree is from Hero Arts, stamped in Hero Arts Silver, then embossed with SU silver embossing powder.

The tree is very shiny:


I made a second version with a strip of paper from Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses:


This one is a lot softer and of course, a less traditional color.

This second card is also inspired by the current Fusion challenge:

I saw blue and looked for a blue Christmas paper. I don't know what I'll do when I run out of my Eskimo Kisses papers. Well, I'll probably be 95 by then, so ...

The sentiment is from an A Muse set (and red rubber). I actually cut off the bottom half of it (I consider it customizing, as I'll probably never use that part of the sentiment). I stamped it on a very narrow strip of paper, so I used my MISTI to line it up perfectly.

Compared to my last card, I can see why I'm migrating more toward CAS designs these days. :)

Oh, and just for grins, this is the card that inspired me to take out that tree stamp:

source
Sorry about the quality of the photo. Instagram isn't very screen-capture-friendly.
I think my card veered a bit from the original inspiration, non?

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses 6x6 paper pad, A Muse Holiday Greetings Inside & Out, SU silver embossing powder, MME Mistletoe Magic 6x6 paper pad, silver sequins, and the following:



10 comments:

  1. I love the elegant look of all of the white with the touches of silver. And I love the little peek of colored dsp. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, the tree is beautiful, wonderful job with the sketch and lovely soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards, and thanks for reminding me that I have this stamp and haven't used it yet this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that stamp and haven't inked it in a long time ... fabulous CAS designs ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stamp. Love the design of your card...I used to love layers and fluff, but I am often more enchanted with the clean and simple cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a cool tree stamp. And perfect cards with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree is really fantastic and wow you have made some lovely projects with it! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are very fun. I really like them and I'm all about CAS right now, embracing it more than ever before. I'm always late to the parties.... anyway, the inspiration photo is pretty nifty but what you've done is far more peaceful and we need peace for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tree stamp and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)