Monday, December 7, 2015

More Grumplings

I've had some version of this card planned for a while, mostly since I love these Grumplings, and I'm running out of time to use them this year. Also, since he's got attitude, the card is perfect for my third submission to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers' current challenge:


Attitude may not scream snarky or naughty to you, but I'll bet Santa isn't happy right now, and this guy just might get some coal in his stocking:


The sketch is one I've had out for a few days, and I finally used it here. There were a few heh hehs and whoopsies along the way, which is pretty standard in my world. One of the heh hehs was my use of ribbon. In the old days, I put that shit on everything (name that commercial); now, not so much. Also, I'd planned to stamp the sentiment onto a piece of acetate, so I was using my MISTI to line things up, and I stamped it directly onto the paper instead. (whoopsie)

Instead of embossing the top part of the card, I pulled out my never-been-used Dots and Lines stencil and used it instead of my Falling Snow stencil, mostly because I ran across it first and I stopped looking. Because my photography skills are so poor, you can't see where I touched the embossing paste before it had completely dried. Impatience is not a virtue.

The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches:


Aaaaand, the link-up has closed. Oh, well.

I have another Christmas card I made today that I'll share in my next post.

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA: This card won me a Princess crown at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!



Some of the stuff I used: MME Mistletoe Magic 6x6 paper pad, Copics (0, E81, E42, E43), SU 2-way glue pen, SU brown flock, SU satin ribbon, and the following:



6 comments:

  1. Guess I'll drop that sketch off my list...
    Attitude is definitely a snark prerequisite, so it's all good. I may have snarkily chuckled when I read that you accidentally stamped on your paper rather than acetate. At least you ended up with a fun Christmas card! Thanks for the third entry at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my new favourite stamp set, I hope Santa puts it in my stocking!! I knew you had a third card in ya!! Thanks coming back to the sisterhood for Naughty Christmas!!
    PS I love reading your whooopsie moments, they always make me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. It has 'tude! Perfect for the holidays (the card and the 'tude).

    I'm thinking if Santa Claus gives me money this year it is a toss up between TE for more grumpies or Paper Smooches for more of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, love your oopsies they happen to all of us. I had that sketch sitting out but it never happened. Thanks for playing along again at the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to get all the Grumplings stamps. Enabler. Awesome entry yet again at the Sisterhood!
    P.S. Frank's Red Hot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to his sentiment....guess I am in line for coal as well! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)