Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SOS #113: The Sun, the Moon and the Stars

It's Tuesday, and time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week's theme is The Sun, the Moon and the Stars, and we ask you to use something related to the sky (sun, moon, stars, clouds, birds, kites, planes, etc.).

I chose to use a sun, and I made this:



I love this die from Simon Says Stamp.  I used two different colors of yellow card stock for the sun's rays, largely because I couldn't decide between the two, so I opted to not decide and used both. I actually like how it turned out, too.

It was kindof stark, though, so I added some die-cut clouds (die is from A*Muse Studio). I'm also down one yellow button - Whoot! Only 324 to go. ;/

Now it's your turn! Go into your stash and dig out some sun/moon/stars/clouds/kites/hot-air balloons stuff, make something, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used, A*Muse Studio cloud dies, misc button, SU white twine, Martha Stewart gel adhesive, and the following:




4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. I'm glad you decided to use both shades of yellow, it looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a FUN-tastic card, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using both yellows adds so much! I love the inlaid die technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome - it also gives you the bits you need for 2 cards.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)