As a crafter, I sometimes do shows that want you to set up a 10x10 booth, so I have grid walls for that purpose. And because when I display my cards in card racks on those walls they need to be at or just above eye level (think mini-card-store and you'll do fine), the bottom of the walls are never used. SO, when I purchased them, I opted for taller bases (feet) so my 6'-high walls would be 7' high. Perfect for craft shows, but not so perfect when they are in my Dining Room and I have to FILL THEM WITH CARD SAMPLES! What was I thinking?!!?!?
But, it is all I have, so I am determined to complete the task before people start arriving Sunday morning.
This evening, I decided to put the fish episode behind me and move on to some of my un-used new sets. Following is what I ended up with. All of these use Stampin' Up!-only supplies.
This one uses the Brocade Designer paper on River Rock textured card stock. I really liked the two together, but it needed a little something for contrast, so I layered the Elegant Eggplant under the tag.
Aaaaaaand, in a totally not-me moment, didja notice this one is square? Don't know what came over me....
Recipe: Stamps - Block Party; Card stock/paper - River Rock textured, Brocade DS paper, Elegant Eggplant, Wisper White; Ink - River Rock; Accessories - Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon,Hodgepodge Hardware, River Rock Double-stitched ribbon.
This next one is also square...hmmmm.....
Still playing with the Brocade Designer paper, I decided to keep this one simple, too.
Recipe: Stamps - Sweet Sampler; Card stock/paper - Old Olive textures, Brocade DS paper; Ink - in Basic Gray; Accessories - Basic Gray taffeta ribbon.
For this one I wanted to use the lower case 't' Monogram. I bought it in a Good Demo moment because I thought I should have at least one, and naturally it works with the word 'thanks'. Too easy.
But, like the big monogram stamps, when you remove the die-cut part, you are left with the negative image. With my large monograms, I mounted the negative on the reverse side of the wood block. For this one, though, I actually mounted the sticker on the block, but I did keep the negative around.
So, for this card, instead of using the stamp itself, I had the idea to use the negative like a stencil, and I traced it on the back side of the paper I wanted to use, then cut it out. I then decided to mount THAT onto a piece of scrap card stock to give it some body. I kept the rest of it pertty plain, partly because I hit a creative block, but I also decided I liked it that way. ;-) (Plain, not the creative block.)
Recipe: Stamps - Monogram 't' Lower, Three Thoughts (Simply Sent Kit); Card stock/paper - Whisper White textured, Blue Bayou Designer paper; Ink - Blue Bayou "marker"; Accessories - White taffeta ribbon, Pomegranate from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals.
Moving on, I decided to see what I could do with the Neighborhood Jumbo Wheel. I make note cards for my Farmers Market, and I originally bought it with that in mind. But my Customers don't do that, so I tried to think of some other way to use it.
By the way, I actually have two of these wheels. I was so excited to own it, I bought one, then got a second one with my Hostess bucks. I really should pay more attention...
Anyway, even though I may have a black inked cartridge for the Jumbo handle, I instead prefer to ink up my wheels directly on the ink pads. Not always the best coverage, so when I inked and rolled, naturally there were some 'misses'. Could be Operator Error, too (ya think?) ... sometimes it works better than others.
Never fear!!! I cut the image apart and used two of the best-inked parts to make two cards. Clever, non? I think it gives you a lot more options than the usual wheeling across a single card.
Recipe: Stamps - Neighborhood Jumbo Wheel, Warm Words; Card stock - River Rock, River Rock Designer paper, Cameo Coral and Garden Green textured c/s; Ink - Basic Gray; Accessories - River Rock stitched ribbon.
I seem to be using Basic Gray a lot since I've gotten it. Thinking back to my cross-stitching days, when I could still see the teeny tiny symbols in the little squares in the design instructions, I used a charcoal-colored floss instead of black to outline shapes. Same idea here - less of a contrast than Black. I am sooo glad Stampin' Up! decided to offer this color!
Tomorrow I have the Farmers Market in the morning, then I have to clean. I think I will set a personal goal to clean before I can play any more. Yes, I have more samples to make, but I need to make sure people will fit in to this tiny condo on Sunday, so clean I must.
I just realized what time it is, which explains why I cannot type any more - you have no idea how much re-typing I have been doing!!! G'night!