Saturday, August 11, 2007

Should'a, Could'a, Didn't

You'd think I would learn my lesson from month to month, but nooooo. I always manage to do things the hard way.

After my Open House last weekend, I figured I'd take five cards off the display walls and call it this weekend's workshop. Nope. First I had to resize one of the cards so I had enough ribbon to go around. Then in my Creative Avoidance mode I made up an entirely new card that I decided to use, and THEN I got even more distracted.

I have some TAC stamps I bought a few years ago, and based on my self-imposed rule of "try to use mostly SU stuff" they have been very neglected lately. I love this set, and decided to actually use it to make some cards for today's Farmers Market - I try to always have at least one new thing each week.


I wanted to try Going Gray with Basic Gray, and I do like it. I love the simplicity and inherent strength of these elephants, so I left them alone on the background and just added the sentiment. I decided to embelish with a piece of ribbon from my non-SU stash. At this rate, the stash will last me a lifetime!

Once I had a few of these made, I started to focus on the workshop projects.



[This space not intentionally left blank ...]


Looking over my large stack of new Designer papers from Stampin' Up! I broke into the Porcelain Prints. I LOVE this paper! I wanted to use the flutterby from the Garden Whimsy set since it is so easy to pop up and make a 'WOW'. I rounded only three of the four corners of the white, just to be different.

Recipe (All products by Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Garden Whimsy; Cardstock - Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Whisper White, Porcelain Prints DS paper; Ink - Blue Bayou; Accessories - Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon.


I got up early this morning due to a wrong number phone call (grrrr) so I decided to be productive and not wait until tonight to cut up the card stock for my kits. Now that THAT is done, all I need to do tonight is pack up the kits and clean off the tables to set up for the workshops. Then I can watch Part 2 of Pride & Prejudice (LOVE that movie!)

I am off to the Farmers Market to hopefully sell something. I have a cooler full of frozen towels to use to try to help me survive the heat. It is ugly out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)