Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Three Fish, Four Fish ...

Okay, so I lied about no more fish for a while. I showed my examples to someone at work today, and she immediately thought I should do Tropical fish since they are so colorful...which led to Finding Nemo, and his pal Dora. Hey, it was a totally logical progession for us!


So this is Nemo and Dora. Dora got the big eye since she is that kind of gal. Nemo got the googlie eye since it seemed to fit him better.

I tried to get the colors right, but I prefer to call it Nemo-inspired and get away with creative license.

Recipe (All but the eyes by Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Bodacious Bouquet; Card stock - Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange; Ink - Garden Green; Accessories - Round Tab punch, 1/2" punch, 1/4" punch, black marker, white gel pen, googlie eyes.


[Scroll, please...Blogger and I still disagree how this spacing thing works.]



This is my version of Kissing Fish. Not the actual fish, but the kissing part. I think this would make a nice Anniversary card. I considered adding a black bow tie to the 'guy' fish, but changed my mind. I may kick it up if I ever make more to sell at my Farmers Markets.

The next card is the same except I wheeled a row of the Sandy Shells along the bottom.

Recipe (All products except the eyes by Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Baroque Notifs, Moose You (heart); Card stock - Basic Gray, Whisper White, Textrued Sahara Sand; Ink - Basic Gray, Real Red; Accessories - Round Tab punch, black marker, googlie eyes.



[This space intentionally left blank ...]








Yes, I have been a busy bee tonight! The 2-5-7-10 box was today's SCS Wednesday tutorial. Funny, but I actually made boxes with these dimensions 2 years ago when I discovered the 2-4-6-8 box, although my version did not have the cool flap on it. I thought the 2-4-6-8 box was too small to put anything in, so I made it one inch bigger on two of the sides, which made it 2-5-7-10. Interesting, non?

The detail for tonight's box was inspired by many I have seen on SCS the past few days as I continue to troll for ideas for my display for Sunday's Open House. This week my goal is to cram as much new stuff into my creations as I can, and this one has lots. 'Tis the first time I used the stamp set, I snuck in some of the new Blue Bayou DS paper and the Double-stitched Blue Bayou ribbon. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

I only made one, so of course the scallop and eyelets are crooked since I did not do it over and over and over. People will get the idea, which is what all this is about anyway...the suggestion of 'cool' and the desire to own all the stuff necessary to make it themselves. Oooh, spoken like a true Good Demo. ;-)

Recipe (All products by Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Garden Whimsy; Card stock & paper - Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Blue Bayou DS paper; Ink - Purely Pomegranate; Accessories - Blue Bayou Double-stitched ribbon, Corner Rounder punch, 1/8" punch, white eyelets.

Moving on - yes, I did even more - I tried the Faux Suede technique, and I even though it looks okay, it was not a total success. I distressed and crumpled and wet and uncrumpled and wet and re-crumpled, but I could not get the card stock to separate, so I left it whole. Other than that, I think it came out fine.

I love the new Outlook DS papers, and they go so well with Faux Suede, so I cut into another piece and used both sides of it. Please ignore the messed up image on the right side of the card; or should I say, "I meant to do that." ??

Recipe (All products by Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Bronc Buster; Card stock & paper - Kraft, Close to Cocoa, OUtlaw DS paper; Ink - Choc Chip; Accessories - Vintage Brads.

And last, but not least, although not my best work, I tried to think up a way to Demo the new Totally Tabs set. I think this card is a bit lame, and yes, I schmeared the ink, but I am running out of juice - it is waaaay past my bedtime - and I decided it will do for tonight. I may get a conscience and re-do it tomorrow; we'll see.

Even though it is lame, I did manage to cram a lot of new stuff on there: Basic Gray card stock & ink (my FAVorite things so far this catalog year!), the Charbon DS paper, and the Vanilla taffeta ribbon, in addition to the stamps. Yay! Did you see how I snuck in the sentiment? I stamped the 'thank you' from All Holidays on the left-most tab. It was all I could think of - the background paper seemed to dark to stamp on directly. I think I like it. ;-)

Recipe (All products by Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Totally Tabs, All Holidays; Card stock & paper - Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Charbon DS paper; Ink - Basic Gray; Accessories - Vanilla taffeta ribbon, Round Tab punch.

Time to hit the hay; I'll pick back up tomorrow evening. I have a few more stamp sets to ink and samples to make before I consider my Open House display ready for Prime Time. Last year I made mostly samples from the Idea Book & Catalog, and I will probably do that the rest of this week.

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog, glad I found it. The fish card made out of the tab punches is tooo clever and cute! Are you having trouble with spacing on your blog, cause I am. Somedays it leaves no spaces between paragraphs, some days it leaves lots of space. I'll be back to your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)