Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stash Dive Challenge #2-6

In my continued pursuit to make some progress in my paper stash, I came up with the following cards.


First, a shameless CASE of this card on SCS, but I used some of my stash of matte gold paper and some retired gold cord to make it 'my own'. I also made a silver version that used matte silver paper and silver cord. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.







These next four cards are my attempt to use a whole piece of patterned paper, and not be left with any scraps for the scrap pile, which is also growing and about to implode.

This is reversible paper, so it was easier to come up with variations on a t
heme. I really liked how it went with the new Stampin' Up! Basic Gray color paired with the mostly-retired Going Gray. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Inky Antics.


This is the same card, just with the papers reversed, but I counted it as a second project, mostly because I could.






This one ended up square because of the size of the main piece that grew and grew beyond 4 1/4. It's nice to break outside the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 sometimes. Throws people off, too, since it is so not like me to do that.

Being non-SU patterned paper, I again had the challenge of figuring out what SU colors to use with it. Here I used Regal Rose and Purely Pomegranate. The rest of the recipe includes SU's Heartfelt Thanks stamp set, small and large oval punches, and Going Gray taffeta ribbon.


For this last entry I cut the patterned paper to the intended size (!), and it ended up filling most of the card, so I opted to work on the overlay part, which I think turned out boring, but it works all the same. The sentiment is from SU's Hugs & Wishes set...freshly-mounted rubbah in my house.

I think if I make a few more copies of any of these I'll manage to use up the remaining part of the patterned paper and meet my goal. Yay!

I did the math. It took me 2 hours to come up with these 4 ideas (plus I'll do a few duplicates) to use up one piece of paper. At this rate, based on the amount of paper I have in my stash, it will take me ... hmmm ... 12 boxes ... carry the 2 ... about 7 years to get through it all. That is if I never buy any more paper and no one comes up with anything new. So funny it is almost sad, isn't it. I guess I'd better get crackin' then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)