Saturday, January 31, 2009

CASE Du Jour

Ya know how you read certain blogs, then those bloggers link to other people's blogs, and then you love them, too (of course) and then, if you are like me, you forget how you got there? Fortunately for me, that did not happen this time! :-)

The other day, June posted about several bloggers, so I followed the links and one of them gave me an idea for a card for my upcoming workshops. Woo-hoo! The blog belongs to Sue Hyer, and this is the post in question. I liked this card so much, I stole was inspired by it and made it my own. Check it out:

I already have two red cards planned, so I went with a non-red color I have in abundance: Baja Breeze. Fortunately, my customers like it, too. :-) I am sure this will be the color I will hoard in the coming months.

So ANYway, this is the first version of the card I made. I even used 1" strips of the Baja Breeze DS paper I had left over from a prior workshop to punch out the hearts, so no virgin sheets were sacrificed at all!

I like the Baja Breeze ribbon, but it is pretty thick/wide, so I just stuck it on either side of the punched square. An alternative to the ribbon could be pieces of the striped DS paper, but then I'd have a project sans ribbon, and we know that cannot happen! The jury is still out on that.

Then I realized - OMG, this set is retired! Crap. And here I was so proud I'd dug it out of one of my "All My Word Stamps" drawers. Sigh. So I went with version 2, which was my back-up plan, anyway, since I almost always leave out multiple sets of words when I make cards like this, just to give people options:

I think I actually like this one better! And I even got the ribbon on straight(er) this time.

Here is a close-up of the Fluffy Heart. Sue has excellent instructions on her post if you want to make one yourself.

One unfortunate thing about these close-up shots is you can see how badly my punches really need to be sharpened. Please ignore.

Now I need to go work on my project for my Monday UHC (Under-Appreciated Holiday Challenge). I should probably also write and mail my remaining January belated birthday cards so they are at least postmarked in the right month. I am pathetic.

4 comments:

  1. This is SUPER cute!!!! Glad left your link to your blog on your comment on mine - I don't always look but did today and I'm so glad I found yours!! I'm subbing it in my Google Reader. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked Sue's card :) I enjoyed making it (one of our two projects at this month's stamp camp.)

    I like yours with the baja breeze! Nice CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that set is retired????? That sucks...lucky I just buy them for myself and don't do w/s!!!!
    Anyways...I think this card is super cute....might have to go check out that blog now and end up wasting half the day hoping around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!! I'm so gonna copy it! And I really like the one with the little greeting too. I'm sad that other one is retired, but I'll never get rid of it!!!

    PS - your abbreviation list rocks..

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)