Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Valentine's Day Offering

Among the holidays I do not 'do' is Valentine's Day. However, in a Good Demo moment I did order the Love You Much Bundle, and I decided to introduce it to some ink this evening. In a Bad Demo moment, I did not order it early enough to have it for my January workshops, so no one will actually be able to fall in love with it and buy it in time for V-Day. This card is a lame attempt on my part to redeem myself in the eyes of my customers. At least they will have one card to give to a loved one this year.

This card is largely CASEd (speaking of lame ....the CASE, not the card) from this card on SCS. I added the scallop circle, used a different brad, and did not use ribbon! I'm still thinking about that last one, though. I may work it in yet...

Here is the inside of the card. The Vanilla c/s was cut to 5 1/4 x 8, then folded in half to 5 1/4 x 4. The Pink is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. I punched the circle first through the top layer, then closed the card and used the first hole as my guide to punch the second circle. Then I lined it up on the pink piece and made light pencil marks where the opening was, and used the marks to know where to stamp the birds. I also stamped the birds again on the red patterned paper and cut them out.

The largest SU circle punch I own is the 1 3/8" which was not quite large enough to go around the birds (but it did allow me to use the scallop!), so both pairs of legs and their tails do not fit inside of the opening. So I did this:

I put the Vanilla card stock on first and stuck it down real good. Then, when I stuck on their little patterned paper bodies, I had the tails overlap the Vanilla so it looks like I meant to do that. So clever, I know.

Okay, maybe it's not my best work, but at least (1) I have a V-Day offering mocked up already, and (2) BR#2 is not having palpitations and offering to come over with beeswax and canvas so we can collage. :-)

4 comments:

  1. You perfected that scs card. The scallop circle looks marvelous!

    VERY cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scallop looks so cute! Way to stamp outside your comfort zone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet! I don't *do* Valentine's Day either...stupid Hallmark holiday IMO....or is it just that I'm the Valentine's Day GRINCH....LOL!!!! I'm loving that DSP though. I'm thinking I might just have to go see someone about this DP obsession {PMSL}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well ok yeah, but if you're only gonna DO one card...this is DA ONE, babeeeeeee! ♥AWESOME♥ in all respects, especially, but not limited to, the bird-tail-overlapping maneouver, which, yeah VERY MUCH looks on purpose! can i get an al-pacino-style "HOOOOOOOOOO-AH!" here? (ta v much!) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)