These are really not my colors (well, except for the green...); they are much brighter than any colors I would normally choose. So I had yet another project taking me out of the ole comfort zone. I layered it on Perfect Plum on an Old Olive base. I finally found a ribbon in my Box of Green Ribbon stash that went really well with the froo-froo pattern; I really like the extra edge on the ribbon.
The cards came with that pre-printed purple circle and an purple initial in the center as a monogram (the pack I picked up was an 'O'), so I needed to cover it up somehow. I opted to use my go-to PTI sentiment set, stamped the image in Eggplant on Old Olive, then layered that on Perfect Plum. I had a difficult time with the purples, and I tried several different colors, but in the end the Perfect Plum was the least offensive to me. I made these a box of 8 cards and they'll make it to the store eventually.
Okay, now for the workshop project re-dos.Here is the simple Thanks card, with the Artichoke and Regal Rose layers replaced with Black (thanks, June, for mentioning that option). I think it looks much better than the pink!
And here is the re-done Horse card. I disected it and added a piece of Artichoke DS paper underneath and I think it makes the whole thing come together more. I also tried to sponge some Close to Cocoa on the sentiment, and I stopped when it started to just look dirty. I took the bottom of the sentiment and just wiped it across the ink pad, and I like that better. I decided to leave it with the dirty-looking top edge to show my customers what not to do. Unless, of course, they want it to look like that.
Okay, I am stamped out for today. I hope to get to my January birthday cards tomorrow, maybe. Thanks for stopping by!